What you didn’t know you didn’t know:
1- two words: Hospital. Grade. Hospital grade breast pumps are designed for frequent, daily pumping. However, they are especially recommended for use for special circumstances including when pumping:
- For premature or sick infants
- For twins or other multiples
- To increase milk supply
- To induce lactation
2- Locations and availability of hospital grade bumps can be difficult. So if you plan to pump and store your breastmilk, give yourself time.
3- Breastsheilds are not one size fits all; so many brands have many sizes to choose from.
- A/B cups try a small, 21 mm
- B/C cups try a medium, 24 mm
- C/D cups try a large, 27 mm
- D/DD cups try an extra large, 30 mm
- bigger then DD try an XX large, 36 mm
BUT, sizes other then medium will probably have to be ordered online. Another instance where you need to give yourself time.
4- Medela brand is available for rent at Babies R Us. Seperate from the machine, they requre you to buy a kit and tubing. Again, the tubes will probably need to be ordered online…taking time.